Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 - It's going to be a great year!

Hi, Jodie here - I am one of the partners of the company, Lap Band for the Mind. I have had Lap Band surgery in 2008 and this is my journey - I hope that you come along for the ride!

So, this time of year has always been about thinking about what program that I am going to go on to lose weight for the year. I have usually indulged over the Christmas / New Year period and my waist line (though being the classic pear shape, it is more like my hip line) has expanded significantly. I usually would be getting out a spreadsheet, calculating how many weeks it would take for me to get into my healthy weight range, reading my many, many diet plan books, considering what eating plan would give me the best results and looking at what punishing exercise routine would see me reduce my size in the least amount of time.

This New Year is a little bit different though, this year I have already lost almost 20kg's of my excess weight and I am well on my way to achieving my healthy weight range! Does that mean that I have abandoned my normal ritual of looking at my weight and seeing what I can do to lose weight? Well, yes - though now I am looking at how I can be healthier. For me, weight loss surgery has taken away the desperation from this time of year. I lost weight over the Christmas and New Year period and I can't even remember the last time that happened - I am really happy about that! I have started to do Bikram Yoga which has been tough but really fun and I am focussed on choosing healthier foods.

Focussing on health is an interesting prospect for those with weight issues as most of us also have issues with putting value on ourselves and our health. Over the years I have put more value on looking good rather than being the healthiest I can possibly be. After having the Lap Band placed, my friend Jen and I started focussing on the mind issues associated with weight. As a result of this, I realised that I needed to put my health as a priority and this has resulted in my resolutions this year.

A couple of things for you to think about:

Do you value your health above looking good?
What simple actions can you take today today to show that value your health?
What commitments can you make to yourself about your health this year?

They say that the quality of your life is determined by the quality of the questions that you ask yourself. What questions can you ask yourself each day to improve the quality of your life?

Until next time!

Cheers,

Jodie
www.lapbandforthemind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment