Friday, July 3, 2009

Come with me while I take a long hard look at myself!!

Okay – so this week has been a pretty bad week for me exercise, wise – I haven’t made it to the gym or Bikram yoga – what is that?!?! I had been going really well and had been really consistent for months but the last week, I have really fallen into an exercise slump.

Of course, the first thing that I need to do is to ask myself some questions – so I thought you could come along with me while I nut this one out. Okay, so the first question is – what is stopping me from exercising? Well, on Monday, I didn’t go to the gym because I slept in and got up too late – I had intended on going there later but felt sick later in the day. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – I got to work early so that I could make sure that I got plenty done and then today – well I had a personal training session booked but I cancelled it because it is freezing and raining.

So, a week full of excuses, not good. I always have back up plans if I don’t make it in the morning (I am a morning person and exercise is way easier for me in the morning!!). Well, I could take my dog for a long walk or I even could do some time on the WII Fit but I didn’t do any of those things – why? I have been pretty tired, I have been working quite late and then going to bed late and not getting enough sleep so it has made it harder to get up early. Okay, so now I understand that the number one issue that I have is that I have not prioritised exercise highly enough – I have prioritised work over my health. Hmmm, I thought that little chestnut had been dealt with a long time ago – obviously I need to do a bit of reprioritising!!

Okay, because I now know that the problem is that I haven’t been prioritising exercise for myself – the question is why? I know the answer to this one straight away as it is a pattern that I have been working on breaking for a while – I think that work is more important than my health. Obviously this is not the belief that I want to have so I have been working on changing it to my health is my number 1 priority (as an aside, this is one of the big reasons that I got the band, I wanted to put health as my priority) – I am going to show this by taking action.

So – what action am I going to take? Since I missed my personal training session today I will take my dog for a walk – it will do us both good to get out of the house and get moving a bit. For me, it’s important to act right now because in the past I have been guilty of the old ‘I’ll wait until Monday morning’ which of course is only a habit that I had gotten in to – I am practising breaking it. Secondly, I am going to go to for a walk tomorrow morning and then I will go to the gym on Monday.

In addition, I am going to get my hypnosis MP3 out ‘Putting myself first’ because this issue for me is about not prioritising myself and I will listen to it for 3 days out of the next week. I am also going to focus on why I want to do exercise and for me, it is because of these things:

· I want to be fit and healthy
· I want to feel good about myself
· I want to be nice and toned for summer!

Okay – well this has been a long post and I hope that you have enjoyed coming along with me while I took a good hard look at myself! I will update you on my plan next week!! Remember – sometimes even though we think we have handled an issue, it still may come back in the same or a different way to challenge your resolve!!

Cheers,

Jodie
www.lapbandforthemind.com

P.S. Remember that we have our great new product out: The 5 Keys to Pre-Surgery Success. We have opened up an offer to our newsletter subscribers. If you sign up for our newsletter, we will give you the pack (plus all bonuses!) for the one time only price of $29.95 AUD that is a saving of $100!!!
This price will expire on 15 July so get in quick!!
Sign up to our newsletter at
www.lapbandforthemind.com!!
P.P.S. Remember this special offer of $29.95 expires 15 July so get in quick to gain instant access!
Got a Lap Band already - here's how you can benefit from our eBook:
Chapter 2 - Goal setting & goal setting templates, these are useful wherever you are on your journey!
Chapter 3 - How much do you want it, great for reinvigorating your motivation!
Chapter 4 - Working out your mind, Focus, responsibility, persistence, this is really handy information to keep your eyes on the prize and move past those issues that can be holding you back.
Chapter 5 - Celebrate your success, it is really important to continue to celebrate all successes on your journey, big and small

Plus there is an unbeatable list of bonus items that go with this product!!
Bonus items:
Online journal
Exercise calorie tracker
Measurement tracker
Weekly exercise planner
Food tracker
Shopping list tracker

No comments:

Post a Comment