Friday, July 10, 2009

How do you pull yourself out of a slump?

Okay – so you know that last week I took a good hard look at myself exercise-wise and I came up with a plan for this week. Well, I have a confession to make – the plan did not work and it’s official, I am in an exercise slump.

So this week’s post is all about what to do to get yourself moving when all is seemingly lost. In the past, this would be the point that I would give up and think, ‘oh well, it’s too hard to get fit, I will just quit and sit on the couch and watch TV instead’. To tell you the truth, that is absolutely tempting today I can tell you, it is really cold outside and the perfect day to stay in and be a couch potato. Okay – so I am sure that you will agree, I really need to get off my behind and do something – so I will. I tell you what – I am going to go out for a 45 minute walk and come back and finish this post.

Okay – so it is roughly 60mins later – I got changed, got my dog and we went for a walk. It was bracing outside but it felt good to be moving again!! I went down to a park not too far from home and though it was cold, it was pretty sunny and it was nice to be out in the fresh air.

Now not to make excuses for another week of not moving enough but I did have a displaced rib that hurt unbelievably which interrupted any plans that I had. I honestly don’t know how I did it but it happened and had to deal with it. So what I am going to do is leave last week in the past and look at what I’m going to do next week.

Now I will do another decent piece of walking tonight because I will be going to the footy and then I will do a walk tomorrow as well. I will have a rest on Sunday and then go to the gym on Monday morning. Then I will walk in the morning for the rest of the week.

Next week I am going to tell you good that I went getting moving again – it’s time to pull out all the stops people!!

The lesson for me this week is TAKE ACTION!! As long as I get to the gym or do my walk each day, I will be very happy. I have had to give up Bikram yoga for the moment, so I am going to do some yoga each day on the WII.

I will check in with you next week!!

Cheers,

Jodie Flynn
www.lapbandforthemind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment