Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So sick of being sick!

Gosh, it’s been awhile since I posted. Sorry gang, I have been sick with the flu and boy has it been a bad dose. I have been absolutely exhausted – barely able to get off the couch. The band has been a bit changeable during this period, some days quite loose and some days quite tight and today is one of the days that it is tight. I haven’t weighed myself in a good while either, I really should to see where things are at with me!

I have been making a lot bigger effort to eat much, much lower in fat and have been pretty successful – after all, I used to always eat that way, it was just that I had started to justify to myself ‘oh, I am eating so little, it’s okay to eat full fat items’. The high cholesterol has given me quite a scare so I have been eating everything low in fat and high in veggies and fruit. I have been doing a bit more cooking lately (when not sick) and I felt a lot better last night so I cooked low fat chicken quesadilla’s – I just love Mexican food so this was pretty delicious.

I feel a lot better in myself now that I am eating more low fat and my clothes are becoming more and more loose, which is fabulous!! I have to admit something that has never happened to me before – I feel great about how I look. I know I am not a super model or anything but I am not hell bent on changing anything which is really great. This is a real surprise because as I say, I have never really been this way before. I think that this is a lot because I have focused on this journey being about my health and not my looks. It is just so nice to look in the mirror and not cringe.

Anyway, need another lie down – am still struggling. Honestly, I don’t know how I’m going to go with my 10km run on Sunday, I think it is going to end up being a run / walk. That’s okay, I haven’t had ideal preparation being so sick. I will do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment