Friday, October 30, 2009

Exercise galore!!

It’s funny when you think that you are not getting anywhere with your weight loss and then something comes along to make you realize that you have changed significantly. This can come in many forms, a friend who you haven’t seen for a while, a comment from someone at work, a look back in your journal or blog or a gym assessment. For me, I had felt like I had been toiling away for the past few months without very much reward. I definitely have felt that my clothes were looser – I am pretty much in a size 12 (pants, much smaller up top) now which is very encouraging but the scales felt like they had not been moving for months and months.

I had a gym assessment last week and I am not sure how long it had been since the previous one but I think it was around 4-5 months. I had lost 16kg’s and mega inches everywhere – 8cm’s off my waist was a memorable one. It was a great wake up call – it made me feel rewarded for the months of training that I have been putting in.

Still, the weight loss is coming pretty slowly now. I still have 8 kg’s (17lbs) to get to my healthy weight range and whilst I would love to get there quickly and start to maintain, for the most part I am quite happy for a slow weight loss as long as it keeps on going down. I still have days when I’m frustrated about it but for the most part, I go along pretty well.

Jen and I had our second tap class this week which was so much fun again. I am seriously unco and have trouble even getting the most basic steps but honestly, we laugh and have a good time and I tell you, that’s how I like my exercise!!

I am having a good exercise week this week – I feel like I am finally over the cold that has plagued me for the last month, so I am really getting in to it again – yay!! I went to the gym on Tuesday, did the tap class on Tuesday, did a boxing class with my husband last night (holy cow, that was tough!!) and went to the gym today. All in all, I am feeling really good.

We are going to Perth for a long weekend in November – I am looking forward to getting some sun and swimming in the beach and then we are off to Thailand in November and I will be having almost a month off work – am SO excited, I can’t WAIT!!

1 comment:

  1. I was watching Dr. Oz ( I hope I get this all right ) as you lose weight your metabolic rate changes and people a lot of the time don't realize this. If you re check it and make sure you are still eating less than you are burning that could help you out! Just an idea.

    The smallest I ever remember being is 160 and I've always thought that eventually when I get back down to that, that I will really have to step up my game to get past it! I'm so nervous about that!

    I can't wait to hear how you get past that slow moving scale, because I know you will!!!

    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete