Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to you all!!! I hope that you have had some fun celebrating and made some resolutions! I haven't actually made any resolutions as yet - I have been a bit busy with getting back from Thailand and then celebrating Christmas and such! I am sorry to have been a bad blogger of late, that will certainly be high up on my resolutions (though I am not a fan of calling them that, I like to call them goals) to be a better blogger!
Firstly, let me talk about Thailand and let me say, I heart Thailand!! This was my third trip and it was an absolutely fabulous one again. My husband and I stayed in Bangkok for 8 days and mainly we shopped and ate and slept and swam and shopped again - there are some great bargains to be had, that's for sure! We had a great day trip to Kanchanaburi where we went on a boat trip down the river, rode an elephant, went on the hell fire pass on the death railway (Burma - Thailand railway that was built by POW's in the Second World War - many allied troops died in the building of the railway) had a yummy lunch and then went to have a look at the Bridge on the river Kwai. It was a wonderful day trip.
For the remainder of the holiday we stayed at a very luxurious resort in Hua Hin (3 hours drive South of Bangkok) and basically relaxed. Honestly, I can say that I have never been more relaxed after a holiday - I had so many massages and treatments that they pummelled all of the stress right out of me - I loved it!!
Eating wise - I had quite a bit of fluid taken out of the band before I left because the last thing I wanted was to get sick and the band close up - booooo! The good thing was I was able to eat things that I hadn't been able to eat for awhile - mmmmm, steak, lots of chicken, salads and even small amounts of bread. I hate to admit it but on our honeymoon, I put on around 5-6kg's on our 2 week trip to Thailand and I am unhappy to say that I did put on weight while we were away, it was around 1.5kg's which I consider pretty good - I lurve the band! I wasn't great with my food but since I have been back I have been eating alot more healthier which has made me feel alot better! I am back to see the wonderful Doctor Caroline on Thursday so I am sure an adjustment will be happening and I will be straight back on track!
So, a brand spanking New Year for us all - let's all wipe the slate clean with old behaviours and start off the New Year making some long lasting changes - good luck to all of us!

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a great experience. I have seen the resorts in Thailand on tv, and have seen how beautiful it is.. hope you get a chance to post some pics of your trip..

    ReplyDelete