Sunday, November 8, 2009

Unsettling band changes!

I am happy to tell you that my weight finally dropped down, yay - I was very pleased I can tell you though due to personal circumstances, I am not going to weigh myself for the rest of the year and be happy with maintaining my current weight (which is only 7kg's away from my healthy weight range and a whisker away from 40kg / 88lbs). If circumstances permit - I will start back on the weight loss journey again in the new year. This is actually really exciting for me as I have never intentionally tried to maintain a weight, I have always been trying to lose weight. I am quite excited to see how the band works to maintain my weight!!
Speaking of the band, it has been a little changeable the last week. Firstly, I had felt that it had loosened off a whisker - which was good news for maintaning because it has been pretty tight. Then yesterday it tightened up like no tomorrow, tightened more than it has been for awhile which is a bit annoying. I am going to wait a day or so and hopefully it will loosen off, if not, I am off to get some fill taken out cos I am struggling right about now.
Sometimes the band annoys me and this is one of those times but I am just going to have to work with it - onwards and upwards as they say!!


1 comment:

  1. When I go periods of time without adding to my fill (and maintaining instead of losing) I found that I do not really maintain but I roll up and down the same 3 of 4 pounds from week to week. When I am at the top end of the 3 pound range my band tightens up and pulls me back from overeating while when I am at the bottom of the weight range I am more open and indulge a little (probably too much). The result is maintenance until I get another fill. I would worry about going in for an unfill as that might allow you to gain. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you! I am still working on going down but I see the end of the road as this last fill only gained me a pound and I feel like I am getting good at squeezing in calories even when it is not in my best interest to do so. It is funny isn't it how badly our bodies want the weight back.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete