Sunday, November 15, 2009

Perth bound!

Okay – I had an incident last week. As a result of some medications that I have been taking, I had to get an emergency appointment to see the wonderful fill doctor, Caroline! All of a sudden, I started to get toxic heartburn and I was unable to eat anything nor drink very much. We have been having a pretty big heat wave here over the past week or so with record temperatures for this time of year so the dehydration was horrifying!

I ended up having .4 taken out of the band and even then it took another 36 hours to be able to really eat anything other than liquids. I am still not able to eat a great deal but I have been able to have lots of liquids, thankfully because the heat has continued unabated all weekend.

I have to say, I get nervous getting fluid out of the band – it takes this kind of situation to realize just how much I rely and trust it which is a good thing – my resolution in the new year is going to get that level of trust and reliance on myself – then I would be unbeatable right?!!? I am very glad that I got the fluid removed though, it would have been a disaster if I hadn’t of with how hot it’s been over this weekend!

I have been ultra, ultra busy at work with a big project coming in to land over the next couple of weeks but the biggest news this week is that I am heading West people – heading over to Perth with the husband for his cousin’s 30th birthday. I am really looking forward to it because I have never been there before (apart from a 4 hour wait when I was on the way to Africa!). It will be nice to be right on the beach and have some serious relaxing – I can’t wait!!

Two weeks after that, we are off to Thailand and we don’t get back until Christmas eve – I am so excited for the Thailand trip, we had our honeymoon there and absolutely LOVE the place! I think I will have to get more fluid out for the trip – the last thing I want to happen is not to be able to eat there or to get something stuck – not the place for that!!

Anyway, will chat to you after Perth!!

1 comment: