Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some good things in life.....

I have been thinking about my trip to Perth and how different it was having the band. Firstly, I would not have gone if I was weighing at my heaviest, now way. There were too many people that I had not seen for a long time and going to the beach, I’m afraid not. This time, I went without thought – how nice is that? I wasn’t worried that people were going to be thinking ‘my god, she looks terrible’ – partly because I have lost weight but also because I am a lot more confident in my own skin and don’t particularly care what people are thinking about me these days.

Due to my blood clotting condition, I always wear the thrombosis socks on the plane. When we flew to Perth, I put them on once we were on the plane. We went on one of the cheapie airlines and you know how close together the seats are right? Well, I was able to put my socks on in my seat, no problem – 18 months ago – I would have had to have gone to the toilets to put them on, no way in hell would I be able to put them on in my seat!!

I also am notorious for putting mega amounts of weight on whilst away. On our honeymoon for two weeks in Thailand, I put on 5kg’s (11lbs) in two weeks – I mean, how is that even possible?!!?? Anyway, when I got back, I was a bit worried about my weight because I had had some fill out and had been able to eat a little more. Happily when I got home, I was the same weight – this was a huge relief and a massive success for me!!

Gosh I love the band!! 9 days to Thailand, people – I am SOOOOO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment