Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Countdown to Bandiversary!!

Okay people, it is two days since my 60min run, I need to get back into it tomorrow! I was actually really tired yesterday and today but one of the biggest problems for me is that I am a morning person and I prefer to do my exercise in the morning – if I don’t, I try to talk myself out of my session all day. So – tomorrow, my goal is to go running in the morning before work – that will set me up for the day and then I won’t have to worry about going in the arvo.

Okay, I need to talk. There is a problem going on with me at the moment and it is one that has plagued me for a good long time. One of the great things that I like about the band is that it restricts my eating and that, for the most part, has helped me to lose weight. Sometimes though, I hit a plateau – I am sure most of you can relate. The plateau’s drive me crazy. As soon as the scale stops going down, I start to panic and I revert back to my old self thinking ‘I have to cut out sugar, wheat, flour, dairy and only eat chicken, fish and vegies’ and then I try it for half a day and swing back the other way thinking ‘okay, I got the band for a reason, it doesn’t matter if it takes awhile as long as the weight is going down’.

Over the journey, I have found this pattern getting less and less though it has still been hanging on. I had a chat to Jen about this today and we agreed that we need to realise that we can’t break 20 years of undesirable eating patterns in 12 months, it is a journey and sometimes things can take time.

You know – it is only 2 days until my Bandiversary, I was hoping to have lost a bit more weight but 36kg’s in a year is pretty damn good – I am very happy!!

Chat soon!

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment