Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Has anyone seen my motivation?

I have a confession to make, my friends. Last week, I did only one 30min run – ONE and this week so far I have been running zero times – ZERO – what the hell is going on here!! I also just received an update from the fun run people that I am doing in October and they have let me know that the run is just over a month away – what the, how did this sneak up on my so quickly, where is time going!?!?

I have seemed to have fallen in to a form slump- I am not sure what is behind it. I have every reason in the world to be motivated but I am in a fug, a malaise an indefinable apathy – what the hell is going on? I should be panicked that the 10km is just over a month away. I should be outraged that my weight loss has reached a plateau but I am nothing, really just nothing.

I really shouldn’t have said that I am not sure what is behind this malaise as I suspect that my dip in motivation has something to do with an old pattern of mine. This pattern consists of me being very, very motivated and pushing toward a goal then when I get close, I ease my foot off the pedal believing that ‘I have done enough’ and then never actually reaching this goal. A weight loss example of this is that I lost a heap of weight in the lead up to my wedding, I got to within 600grams (1 pound) of my healthy weight range and then totally lost the plot and I haven’t been within 20kg’s (44 lbs) of it since – though now I have only 14kg’s to get to my healthy weight range – so it is time for me to dig in and get past this pattern.

I need to get my passion and motivation back and of course I know what I need to do and that is to take some action!! So my first action was to write this post as an act of ‘owning up and taking responsibility’ – secondly, I am going to go to the gym or for at least a 30min run today – regardless of the time, I just have to do it – it will definitely help me to feel back on track. Thirdly, I am going to commit to posting every day for the next two weeks to push myself out of this malaise and get the hell off this plateau. I need to push through, people!!

Band wise – I went to see the wonderful Doctor Caroline last week and had .1 put back in because it had really eased off. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem like it’s enough and I have to wait until next Thursday to go back and get some more fill, so discipline is the key this week. I have to admit that I have been eating quite healthily and not snacking as much during the week which makes me thankful for small mercies!

Anyway – I will check in tomorrow and let you know how I am going!

Cheers,

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment