Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's my Optifastaversary!!!

Okay people, it is my 12 month anniversary from starting Optifast – how quickly does a year go, my goodness!! So, this post is a small look at the past 12 months – I will do a full retrospective when I have my Bandiversary in 2 weeks!!

It has been an amazing 12 months for me. This time 12 months ago, I was struggling and I mean, literally struggling through my first day of Optifast. I was full of optimism though – I wrote in my diary ‘this is the first day of the rest of my life’ and truly, it has been. I got half way to work on that first day and realised that I didn’t even have the Optifast products with me, I had to turn back and go get them and of course was late – der!! I used the two weeks of Optifast to ready my mind, house and complete environment – it was a really important two weeks for me (and for Jen . I did not cheat on the Optifast period at all, not once – I am still proud of that achievement.

So what is different for me from 12 months ago – I am going to do my top 5:

I feel SO much better about myself, it is a great feeling not to loathe what I see in the mirror or feel disgusted with myself after I have eaten so much people wouldn’t even believe it. Now I am confident and happy – it’s a nice place to be!
I am healthier. I had an appointment with my haematologist today (I have a blood clotting disorder) and he told me that my blood pressure was excellent, even a little on the low side.
I am fitter – indeed, as any of you regular readers know, I am training for a 10km run that I will do in October and after my 50mins session of running last Sunday, I am confident of being able to run the whole way!!
I look great! I am wearing size 12-14 pants – a great achievement for this pear shaped girl whose size 22 pants had gotten tight. I am taking more care with my appearance, I make those little efforts that when I was feeling bad about myself – though many of you know
I am nearly normal!! I can go into ‘normal’ shops to buy clothes. I don’t feel like people are looking at me when I am eating or not being able to fit my bum into seats. I still have weight to lose but I am quite calm and relaxed and trust that the band will help me to achieve my goals.

It has been a great 12 months!

In other news, Jen and I went to a seminar with Helen Bauzon the nutritionist. Honestly, it was a brilliant seminar that I wished I had attended 12 months ago – she is fabulous. You know, she also has online support groups and weight loss competitions all very reasonably priced – check out her website at:
http://www.helenbauzon.com.au/. I realised from the seminar that I had become afraid of some foods, with Helen’s help I am wiping the slate clean and trying foods again – it has been brilliant!!

Helen (as well as Caroline – the wonderful fill doctor) also let me know about
www.bandbuddies.com.au – these are chewable vitamins and I tell you as soon as I heard about them, I was on the site ordering them because I had an incident a while ago with a multi vitamin getting stuck in the band – I have been mortally afraid of the multi vitamins since then. I haven’t received them as yet but I will keep you up to date on what they are like.

That brings me to my previous challenge – to have the vegetable powders from AIM. You know what? They weren’t that bad. The Barleylife was like one of those wheatgrass shots that you get from a juice place and the carrots and beets tasted exactly like carrots and beets so not horrible. I am definitely continuing on with those as I am quite concerned about getting enough nutrition.

Well that’s about it for the moment – I am off to the gym for a run (sprint intervals, not my favourite) on the tready and then am having gnocchi for dinner.

Will check in soon!!

Cheers,

Jodie
www.lapbandforthemind.com

P.S. Have you checked out my BFF Jen’s blog – here is the link:
http://mindthebandjen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment